At Oxford United FC we’re all for sharing, and we’d like to share our good practice about how, by using sports psychotherapy, we’ve moved to the cutting edge of mental health and wellbeing in the footballing community.
To that end we’re launching a series of one-day events, sharing good practice about the benefits of sports psychotherapy. The interactive format features a focus on enabling delegates to gain practical ways to improve current practice, and how to have an immediate impact.
Whether you’re a coach or a student of the game, an experienced sports psychologist or just starting out on your journey, there will be plenty to interest you in the first of our conference programmes.
Brought to you in association with Sports Psychotherapy Services, we look at the pioneering work Oxford United Football Club are doing in the field of sports psychotherapy, and the impact it is having on footballing performance. This will include:
- What is Sports Psychotherapy?
- Adapting your communication to take account of generational differences
- How to harness the parental influence on young athletes
- What an effective reporting system for mental health issues looks like
- The relationship between player care and success
The event will include an introduction to sports psychotherapy and presentations from OUFC personnel and a number of eminent speakers representing related disciplines and sectors.